Wednesday, July 18, 2012

BLUE BANDANA


He looked at me

Right into me

Into the inside part of me

He breathed in a deep breath

Held it for only a moment

Then let it out

Something between a sigh of resolution and one of acceptance

He just knew

As he stood there in front of me

His head covered in his navy blue bandana

The same bandana given to me just a few summers ago

I stood in my bedroom just having stepped from the shower

My battered white robe sopping up the water droplets

Running between my thighs and drizzling down my back

I held his head between my palms

Admiring its perfect rotund shape

Absorbing the beauty standing before me

Startling me to be in the moment

Holding all other memories or worries at bay

This profound creation right before me

Looking back at me

Returning my gaze

Astounded by his absolute unabashed beauty

Balanced and confident and knowing the impact of his full

Understanding of life

And death

And the unending

Eternal love binding the two of us

That even death cannot possibly

Divide

(written June 30, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment