Friday, October 19, 2012

A POEM FOR MY FRIEND


On Death & Love

I am alone

You are alone

You in the sterile hospital room bed, tubes, stainless steel, monitors

Me in the comfort of my bed at home, books, items

Both of us alone

It is only an illusion – these concepts

Emptiness manifests no illusory state

Conceptualizing manifests the illusions we take as reality

The emptiness

Is luminous

Is alive

Is still

This great emptiness is the wholeness

It awakens us in its vast occurring

Existing outward in all directions

Wide open raw space

Loving Kindness--

How do I love you, any of you?

In a state of impermanence

My effort to make this love last forever

Is illusion

Only the emptiness in which we, our love, is cradled

Is beginningless and endless

The duality shaken, the duality of you and me

Removed, never having been in the first place

No comments:

Post a Comment